Re: apt-get problem workaround... is this a bug?

"Paul D. Smith" <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> writes:

> %% Jorge Santos <jsf@dep3.fciencias.unam.mx> writes:
>
>   js> I think that, if it is a bug, it should be submited against apt,
>   js> since dpkg didn't seem to get to execute.
>
> Looking through the APT bug reports, I think this bug has been fixed in
> apt 0.5.4, uploaded to unstable around Aug 20.
>
> Unfortunately, it still hasn't migrated into testing, and when I tried
> to grab it from unstable it wanted to pull too many other unstable
> packages for me to be comfortable with.
>
> I can live with it the way it is for now.  I can't remember the URL of
> the "excuses" page that tells you why something is not migrated into
> testing...

Thanks for the info. About the excuses page check the interesting links in:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/

And in particular:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html

Do you know of any documentation on what to make of the entries in
this page?

jorge santos