Re: Help! with exim -- freezing mail

* Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 10:14:41PM -0700, Cam Ellison (camellison@dccnet.com) wrote:
<snip>

> Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
> recommend 72 as a good default.

I do not understand this -- I have line length set at 70.  I'm using mutt as
the editor, and when I start a response, all the settings appear in a buffer,
including confirmation that line length is 70.  (In this message, I am
deliberately putting in CRs.)

<snip>

> Not sure where this is happening, have you tried Googling this error
> message?

No -- I shall do so and see what it says.

> Do you have procmail installed?

I did -- removing it earlier might have helped, eh?

> It appears (from your followup post) that you've resolved the issue by
> removing procmail refs /etc/exim/exim.conf.

<snip>

> Not necessary:
>
>     $ echo "mutt hold" | dpkg --set-selections
>     $ apt-get remove --purge exim
>     $ apt-get install exim
>     $ echo "mutt install" | dpkg --set-selections

That's very helpful.  Thank you once again.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison