Re: Gnome Freeze

Jon,

> Do you have a sound card installed and the "sound server" options
> selected? If you do not have a sound card you may find that
> something is indefinately waiting to open a non-existant sound
> device to play audio - certainly I've had this with nautilus on
> various GNOME desktops so I'm just guessing that it could also have
> this effect. Please let me know whether you have audio?

OK - I disabled sound events in Gnome and *bish-bosh-bash* Gnome now
works perfectly, but in absolute silence. So it is the Linux malaise all
over again "one-problem-out, one -problem-in".

Now I have to address the absence of sound. Would I be right in thinking
that I have built in the wrong module when installing?

The board is a Gigabyte GA-7ZX. I have been using the module for ES1371
but it seems clear after all of this business that I may have made a
mistake. Can anyone guide me as to the correct module for this board?

Keith--
  Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill
  Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.
  keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk  |   That's just life, I'm afraid"