Re: Gnome Freeze

> When GNOME locks up, can you press Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6] to get to a virtual
> console?

Yes - no problem. I ran top as per you instructions and the process
consuming the highest CPU value was "top" itself with a value of 0.3%.
There were no entries listed under top fox XFree86, or any Gnome app. In
fact Top was the only app with a value above zero in the cpu column.

I guess that is not the answer you were expecting?

Keith

  Keith O'Connell                  |     "That which does not kill
  Maidstone, Kent (UK)             |      us, usually still hurts.
  keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk  |   That's just life, I'm afraid"