Re: Problems with APM after recompiling of kernel.

Preben Randhol <randhol@pvv.org> writes:

> The kernel that comes with Debian testing, turns off (the power) my
> machine when I run: shutdown -h now. But I wanted to recompile the
> kernel and choose 2.2.18 (as I had some problems with 2.2.19). I enabled
> APM in the kernel and lilo says append="apm=on", but the problem is that
> now the kernel stopped shutting off my machine. What else do I need to
> enable to get this to work?

I'd guess apm isn't functioning properly for you in 2.2.18 either.
Does /proc/apm exist?  Do you get any helpful messages when loading
apm on bootup?

Interestingly, I have a similar problem on my laptop.  The 2.4.9
kernel broke apm (/proc/apm didn't exist) but it appeared to load
properly on bootup.  2.4.8 still works fine though.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>