Re: woody: segfaulting all over the place

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 01:22:21PM -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> I suspect that memory words may be stripped accross both modules, so
> the error remains at the same address after the swap (in the different
> part of the same word). Can you test each module separately? Or put
> them in a different bank?

yup, did it all.. tested the original module only, tested the added
module only, swapped them.. the error remains the same, i.e. the same
test fails at the same address.. that's what makes it so hard for me to
find a solution: it's not one module that fails and the other works, i
could replace it, i could even replace them both given the cheapness of
memory but i don't see what that would do because memtest doesn't really
lead me to the conclusion that it's the normal ram that causes the
pain.. it still could be anything..

rather frustrated, but thankful, of course,

	frank.