building a simple mysql database accessed thru html

Hi,

Basically, what I want to do is to create a simple database? or search engine? wherein it would contain a list of all html pages in the computer. there is also a default html home page that has just a search button and a textbox (like google search engine but a LOT simpler) that users see and that this page is connected directly to the database. users can type in the search box to search for html pages and the results would come up and would be clickable too...

the search engine would only work for html pages in the server...

How can I accomplish this? I can't seem to find the right information on where to look for something like this...

hmmm...Also, do I also need apache for this?

PLS CC me when replying to this message....