Re: Do I need ldso

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:40:06AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> Well, this was why I asked the question originally. Dlocate -s says that
> ldso is in the oldlibs section and is optional, yet if you tell apt-get
> to remove it you are told it is essential and you have to remove it
> explicitly. I don't see how it can be both optional and essential.

Optional in woody and essential in potato?  Your description of the
situation sounds like what I would expect if your installed ldso
package is from a version where it's optional, but your sources.list
currently points at a version where it's essential.

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox