Re: Do I need ldso

On 25 Aug 2001, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:40:06AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > Well, this was why I asked the question originally. Dlocate -s says that
> > ldso is in the oldlibs section and is optional, yet if you tell apt-get
> > to remove it you are told it is essential and you have to remove it
> > explicitly. I don't see how it can be both optional and essential.
>
> Optional in woody and essential in potato?  Your description of the
> situation sounds like what I would expect if your installed ldso
> package is from a version where it's optional, but your sources.list
> currently points at a version where it's essential.
>
> --
> With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
> safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox
> "To prevent unauthorized reading..."         - Adobe eBook reader license

Could be. This was originally a potato version but I've been keeping up
to date with testing for many months now.

--
Anthony Campbell - running Debian GNU/Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Man can do what he wants, but he cannot will what he wills.
                                          [Schopenhauer]