Re: Killing your keyb.controller... was: Re: forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

idalton@ferret.dyndns.org wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:24:34PM +0200, Emil Pedersen wrote:
> >
> > Just to add some more noice to the list ;-)
> >
> > [statement] Hot-plugging keyboards works _MOST_ of the time.
> >
> >   It is true for at least PS/2-keyboard, since the only machine I've
> > managed to destroy this way is an Digital Celebris 590.  My other
> > machines with PS/2 have survived, so for ps2 types the statement is
> > true.
> >
> > When it comes to DIN-keyboards, I have NOT been able to kill any machine
> > this way.
> >
> > Finaly, since I have one more Celebris 590 I _could_ verify that these
> > machines DO die when keyboard is hot-swapped, but I think it might be a
> > waste of computers if I succeed... ;-)
>
> Erk. I must be lucky, since mine hasn't died the few times I've hotswapped
> ps2 stuff on it. Hrmm. Need to get it netbooting one of these days, or
> find a disk for it, and have spare CPU cycles.
>
> What do you run for disk on yours? These appear unable to correctly
> resolve anything over 8GB for booting.

Hehe, I don't actually run anything on the machine yet.  The disk in it
is an 600-650MB, so it's recognized.  I intenden to shit in two smaller
disks and use it as a firewall, but I think now it's going to be tough
informing the bios that the new disks should be accepted.  Perhaps I'll
use it as webserver or some other silly task.  Hmm, just got an idea;
gott'a go look for a VNC server for OS2...

// Emil