Re: Killing your keyb.controller... was: Re: forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:24:34PM +0200, Emil Pedersen wrote:

> Just to add some more noice to the list ;-)
>
> [statement] Hot-plugging keyboards works _MOST_ of the time.
>
>   It is true for at least PS/2-keyboard, since the only machine I've
> managed to destroy this way is an Digital Celebris 590.  My other
> machines with PS/2 have survived, so for ps2 types the statement is
> true.
>
> When it comes to DIN-keyboards, I have NOT been able to kill any machine
> this way.
>
> Finaly, since I have one more Celebris 590 I _could_ verify that these
> machines DO die when keyboard is hot-swapped, but I think it might be a
> waste of computers if I succeed... ;-)

Erk. I must be lucky, since mine hasn't died the few times I've hotswapped
ps2 stuff on it. Hrmm. Need to get it netbooting one of these days, or
find a disk for it, and have spare CPU cycles.

What do you run for disk on yours? These appear unable to correctly
resolve anything over 8GB for booting.

--
Ferret

I will be switching my email addresses from @ferret.dyndns.org to
@mail.aom.geek on or after September 1, 2001, but not until after
Debian's servers include support. 'geek' is an OpenNIC TLD. See
http://www.opennic.unrated.net for details about adding OpenNIC
support to your computer, or ask your provider to add support to
their name servers.