Killing your keyb.controller... was: Re: forgot root password on head- and keyboardless machine *blush*

Just to add some more noice to the list ;-)

[statement] Hot-plugging keyboards works _MOST_ of the time.

  It is true for at least PS/2-keyboard, since the only machine I've
managed to destroy this way is an Digital Celebris 590.  My other
machines with PS/2 have survived, so for ps2 types the statement is
true.

When it comes to DIN-keyboards, I have NOT been able to kill any machine
this way.

Finaly, since I have one more Celebris 590 I _could_ verify that these
machines DO die when keyboard is hot-swapped, but I think it might be a
waste of computers if I succeed... ;-)

Regards,
	Emil

Btw.
Have anyone mantioned those adapters for some dollar or two?