Re: Exim behind dhcp/ipmasq

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Michael Abraham Shulman wrote:

> Thank you!  I use exim and Mew (IM).

I should have read your mail more closely. But it helped, at least.

> in ~/.im/Config appears to have fixed the SF problem.  I don't expect
> this to fix the hotmail problem, though, since that was a different
> error message.  I'll let you know if it does, but meanwhile, any ideas
> about that?

This could be the same problem, but that's hard to say. It looked more
like a problem with a broken connection.

You said that the hotmail error message was about a closed connection
after Exim sent "HELO localhost". This could easily be a spam blocker at
hotmail. SMTP says that the mailer should say "HELO name" or "EHLO name"
as the first command, where "name" is the name of your machine. Maybe
you shouldn't (externally) call your machine "localhost". Search for
"localhost" in the exim config file and change it to something
reasonable.

Walter