Server/Gateway Linux Box

Hi, I'm building a Linux box that will serve as a server and gateway to split
internet access from a cable modem to numerous machines (some Linux, some
Winblows.) I'm putting in 2 network cards and a dual-processor motherboard
with 2 Pentium II processors. What do I need to do to set it up to perform IP
Masquerading, and how do I turn on dual-processing support in Linux? Do I
just compile in Symmetric multiprocessing support into the kernel? Also, how
do I set up file sharing so that every machine on my network can access the
files on any other?

Thanks,
-- Deven