still work. The version mismatch is with the kernel driver mga.o from
what I could gather. Enjoy.

Alex.

te: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 03:20:12 -0400
From: Chun Kit Edwin Lau <try_email_me@yahoo.ca>
To: Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@purdue.edu>,
debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Matrox G400 dri woes

Try the source at dri.sourceforge.net. It works for me. I did the
following
1. d/l matrox mga_drv.o and mga_hal.o from matrox site
2. copy them to the appropriate x11 directory
3. d/l the dri from dri.sourceforge.net
4. compile the mga.o by make -f Makefile mga.o
5. cp mga.o to the appropriate /lib/modules/...
6. make sure you have X4.1.0

you should have dri acceleration now