Re: Server/Gateway Linux Box

I think you need to install task-newbie or install debian with newbie selected.
Then you have mc (midnight commwander) and documentation.  Just point
and click.

Then start mc and go to /usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt.

There is all the answer.  Or you can go to www.linuxdoc.org

I did it prety much what you describe and have my memo as quick ref on
my site.  But you need to read real doc.

ipmasq package for basic masqarading.

samba for fileshare with M$.

nfs for file share w/ linux.

SMP need you to recompile kernel if 2.2.

cable modem (check protocol, fix ip, dhcp or pppoe?)

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +