iptables vs ipchains vs ipmasq

I want to setup my internal network to access the internet via my linux
machine over a dial-up line. it seems that ipmasq does the trick...then ipchains
comes along now iptables..the best bet so far is iptables...now, is there a
reliable HOWTO that tellsa pretty  good *newbie* how to setup iptables for
this setup or should I just use ipmasq instead? or maybe ipchains?
unfortunately, my /usr/share/doc/HOWTO only has ipmasq-howto and ipchains-howto..

Thanks for any info...