Re: kernel panic

On 10 Aug 2001, Michael Heldebrant wrote:

> Does your BIOS see the ram as all good?  If so you may need to find
> something that tests the memory a bit more rigorously.

Don't rely on the BIOS check, it doesn't (usually) check the memory just
counts it for you and pretends to be doing a check.

I would also advocate the installation of memtest86 but it will/may take
some time to run depending on how much memory you have and how fast your
processor/bus speed is.

Adam
--
This message is Copyleft - all rights reversed
Adam