Re: iptables vs ipchains vs ipmasq

#! On Sat, Aug 11, 2001, thomas anderson wrote:

>reliable HOWTO that tellsa pretty  good *newbie* how to setup iptables for
>this setup or should I just use ipmasq instead? or maybe ipchains?
>unfortunately, my /usr/share/doc/HOWTO only has ipmasq-howto and ipchains-howto..

ipmasq is more than enough if your kernel is compiled for it.  In
security terms, its ideal for a small LAN.  If you want to tinker about
with rules, the firewall howto has some clever sets on www.linuxdocs.org

But watch out...some of those that ssign particular values toextip
(external IP address on ppp0) lock you out if diald closes and reopens
the conection!
--

Patrick "sig free and joyful"" Kirk

GSM: +44 7876 560 646