Re: libmp3lame.so -- where?

> > Hm. I *think* there's a configure option to build it... but looking
> > through the Makefile it doesn't seem to get built by just 'make'.
>
> The configure option --enable-shared is on by default, and thus probably
> is broken someplace along the way.

Yup. Noticed that. Found this in a makefile...

> > You could try building it again if you don't still have it around,
> > and then try 'make libmp3lame/libmp3lame.so', that's in there.
>
> [make errors]

Aha. Just tested this. It's in Makefile.unix, so you need to tell make
that: make -f Makefile.unix libmp3lame/libmp3lame.so
This builds with lame from cvs ~10 minutes ago, v3.90a6. Don't know if
it *works* or not. :)

> > > The library is apparently also in avifile, which is broken:
> > >
> > > Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > >   avifile: Depends: libqt2.2-mt (>= 2:2.2.3-3) but it is not installable
> > > E: Sorry, broken packages

Hm. Actually it's avifile-player that needs libqt3. My dpkg doesn't
know anything about just 'avifile'. But both(?) libavifile and
libavifile-dev have a libmp3lamebin_audioenc.so[something]; just
making a symlink might work. And downloading the package and getting
the lib out with dpkg-deb shouldn't be a problem either, other than
having things floating around that dpkg doesn't know about. :)

HTH,
Mike McGuire