Re: libmp3lame.so -- where?

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:07:19PM +0100, James Green wrote:
> I've been battling to make 'vcr' work for some time now, and it's
> moaning about a lack of libmp3lame.so at runtime.
>
> The library is allegedly found in lame, which isn't in Debian. I
> downloaded the source tarball, created a deb from it, only to find it
> only creates libmp3lame.a, not .so. I looked at converting, and it looks
> fairly horrible.

Hm. I *think* there's a configure option to build it... but looking
through the Makefile it doesn't seem to get built by just 'make'.
You could try building it again if you don't still have it around,
and then try 'make libmp3lame/libmp3lame.so', that's in there.

> The library is apparently also in avifile, which is broken:
>
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   avifile: Depends: libqt2.2-mt (>= 2:2.2.3-3) but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages

Eh. You running testing? I don't think it's in stable, and in sid it
needs libqt3. And it sounds like something that would happen with
testing. :)  You could use dpkg-deb and just extract libmp3lame.so
from it tho.

HTH,
Mike McGuire