Re: FW: Careful. This is for information only.

Considering most people agree that it IS Illegal to be accessing
someone elses computer for "good" or bad ? why then, can we not at
least threaten to sue the people who are trying to get into our boxes
at our cost ?

Don't get me wrong - I am not saying that some poor sod should be
sued just cos he got infected but, if the threat of legal action was
there, would more people not take more pro-active actions to clear or
at least check their machine for this worm ?

On the other hand, could one sue Microsoft (do they provide implied
warranties with regards to their suitability for certain tasks ? like
hosting websites without hacking into someones elses boxes ?) In
theory,  is it not their product that is "hacking" into other
computers - as opposed to the operator who may not even be aware of
the infection.

Just some thoughts,

Regards,

Shri