Re: FW: Careful. This is for information only.

On  0, Shriram Shrikumar <prince_shri@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Considering most people agree that it IS Illegal to be accessing
>someone elses computer for "good" or bad ? why then, can we not at
>least threaten to sue the people who are trying to get into our boxes
>at our cost ?

Another answer may lie in a market based system.  The routers in the
ISP know wwhich boxes are infected.  These boxes are consuming a
disproportionate of bandwidth.  If the ISP were to notify the
subscribers affected that their bills will rise by 50% to pay for this
disproportionate use of bandwidth, most if not all would reboot their
servers and apply the patch.

Just a thought...

--

Patrick "No sig in my .sig" Kirk