Re: FW: Careful. This is for information only.

Bruce writes:
> If someone put a vermicide package in Debian,...

Such a package cannot go into Debian.  Besides, such a thing should not be
used by anyone not prepared to build it from source.

> I think the time is right for software antibiotic and vermicide packages,
> and I think anything that helps stop the spread of infectious agents
> would be welcome by everyone using the 'net for legitimate purposes... as
> long as the steps taken are not proactive, there should be little room
> for the owners of systems that get medicated to accuse the users of such
> packages of engaging in nefarious activities.

I agree with you completely, but the NatCops are unlikely to agree with you
at all.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)