Re: Browser Problem

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 11:57:14AM -0400, dman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 09:26:06AM -0500, Leonard Leblanc wrote:
> | Hey Guys,
> |
> | I am trying to find a browser that interprets html very close to the same way
> | as Internet Explorer.  The reason I am trying to find this is I am a web
> | developer and absolutely love using linux except I find it hard to know what
> | the page is going to look like under windows since most people who are going
> | to be going to the site(s) are going to be running windows.
> |
> | Anyway, any thoughts/past experiences you can share with me on this one would
> | be greatly appreciated.
>
> Perhaps IE will run under WINE?  (Then again, IE probably uses some
> undocumented API that WINE doesn't yet implement).  Or use VMWare or
> something else so that you can see what IE will do.

Yes. I did this a year ago just for sh*ts & giggles. It was show, but worked.
I would think wine & IE would be fine for just checking to see how a page would
look, but not for regular browsing. It's been over a year though, so it may
now work better, or worse, I don't know.

--
Kevin C. Smith           | I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough
smithkevinc@nettaxi.com  | to handle the job is underestimating.