Re: sound card not working properly

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 12:28:21AM +0000, Robin Gerard wrote:

| okay, windoz give me : sound card: sb
|                              irq :05
|                              dma :01
|                              io : 220
| linux give me :        sound card sb
|                              irq: 07 (and irq conflict)
|                              dma: 01
|                               io: 220
|
| and  modprobe sb irq=05 dma=01 io=220
                                    ^^^
I think you missed my mention of this in the last post.  modprobe is
probably reading this as decimal (base 10) but it should be
hexadecimal (base 16).  Change it to "io=0x220" and see if it helps at
all.  IIRC, but I'm not completely sure, 'cat /proc/pci' will give
info about PCI cards.  It may help some.

| gives no change for irq
| what is the good way to change realy my irq ?

Not sure.  I thought the modprobe command would let you set it.

-D