Re: sound card not working properly

Robin Gerard wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 03:02:12PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 08:36:22PM +0200, Philipp wrote:
>
> > huh.  (email doesn't display the tone,  this is a thoughtful "huh",
> > not a confused "huh")
> >

> > One time I decided it was time to solve this problem so I booted
> > windows and recorded every single option and setting in its config.
> > Then I went back to linux and found that I was using the wrong DMA
> > channel.  I corrected it and the sound was beautiful after that.
> > That's about the extent of my sound card experience, but make sure you
> > aren't using an already used DMA channel and IRQ.
> >
> > -D
> okay, windoz give me : sound card: sb
>                              irq :05
>                              dma :01
>                              io : 220
> linux give me :        sound card sb
>                              irq: 07 (and irq conflict)
>                              dma: 01
>                               io: 220
>
> and  modprobe sb irq=05 dma=01 io=220
> gives no change for irq
> what is the good way to change realy my irq ?

  you cannot cat wav file to /dev/dsp.

  try wavplay (wplay?) or some other tools to play sound...

  cat works only if the format of the sound is 'native' to dsp - try cat
</dev/dsp>rrr.au to record (use mixer to select recording source and
level) and then you can play it back using cat <rrr.au>/dev/dsp

	erik