Re: Probs with HTP370 ATA100/RAID Controller.

I tried the the ATA66 dist on the cd, and my hd:s where detected. But the install part "make linux bootable from you drive" did not work, I thought this had something to do with the lilo.conf... so after the installation where finished, I checked in lilo.conf.

some info from the file:
LBA32
BOOT=/dev/hda => Changed this to hde as this is my boot drive. and my ide cdrom is on hda.
ROOT=/dev/hdg1

everything else where correct.. and after configuring i ran lilo .

But then when I rebooted my system , the computer hanged .. just the "LI" where showing up after bios device detection and so on.. the boot menu never showed up.

what does this mean ?..

some useful info:
hda = cdrom

hde1 = 4gig fat32, win2k partition
hde2(5) = 35gig ntfs

hdg1 = 3.8gig linux root (ext2)
hdg2 = 200mb swap
hdg3(5) = 35gig fat32

I have 4 ide channels where 3-4 is for the ATA100 HTP370

	Thanks in advance / Martin.