Re: From IDE ATAPI cdrom to scsi simulation : trouble -> help

* arodriguez@att.net (arodriguez@att.net) wrote:
> I've been making a fresh installation of potato r.3, to
> get scsi support I "made-kpkg" a new kernel image with
> scsi support, rebooted with the new image, but now I am
> unable to read from cdrom.
> I know that the symbolic links for devices must point to
> sdx, but seemingly I am somewhat lost, since I've been
> unable to make it right.
> My settings (regarding CDROM devices) after booting with
> the new image are
> scsi 0  channel 0 id 0 lun 0
> scsi 0  channel 0 id 1 lun 0
> corresponding to cdrom and cdwriter.
> I did:
> rm /dev/cdrom; /dev/MAKEDEV --update and some other
> ln -s that didn't work.
> Help is needed as to what to do, in order to make the
> devices visible again.
> Thanks,
> AR

  Just curious. As per CD-Writing How-To after compiling generic scsi,
scsi cdrom and ide cdrom as modules, etc, it calls for linking /dev/cdrom to
/dev/scd0. Then there are /dev/srx links to /dev/scdx, so you may
link /dev/cdrom to those.

 My 2 cents.

  Alex.