Mail from OE to linux and more

Hi All,

In a fit of rage (they just shouldn't have said those things out loud) i moved from win2k to linux for 'almost' everything i do on my computer. Scanning (canon d660u) is still a problem because Canon refuses to share information with Linux developers. Anyone looking to buy a scanner ?-P

After a lot-of-trial and error i managed to get fetchmail working correctly. Apparently the example config files aren't all that great :( At least not for me.

Sendmail is still bothering me (frustrating is more correct by now). All the fetched mail ends up in /var/mail/root (i know it ain't wise but that's what i do for now, i'm carefull enough to take the risk). Great. But i cannot send any mail although i've set-up sendmail repeadetly with different iterations of what i think is the right config. I've used sendmailconfig to no avail, even dared poking at the sendmail.mc file. There are NO networking problems, this is purely a sendmailconfiguration problem. But i cannot get sendmailto the send something to the outside world. Tried a number of configurations but i'm running out of patience by now.

Any hints on what i might be overlooking ? I don't want to get stuck with some mailclient eating up my mail without a chance to export it later on . . . hence i chose the fetchmail/sendmail combo.

Also, i want to import my OE mail and adress book into my Linux system, any good hints on what software/procedure to use ?

As for mailclients on X11. I have tested Mahogany (mahogany.sourceforge.net), CSCMail (www.cscmail.net) , Spruce (spruce.sourceforge.net) but none of them look satisfying for the time being. To slow, to unstable, to barebones ... I'm not really fond of MUTT but am using it in the meantime, i need that daily dose.

Leaves me very little choice. The only two i haven't tested yet are Evolution (http://www.ximian.com/evolution) and Postoffice (www.tarball.net) wich looks pretty cool but didn't work right away. Again, any and all suggestions are welcome.