blocky fonts in woody

Hey all,

I have been looking arround for some answers to this, but have found none so
far.  I appologize in advance if this question has been answered here
already.

Upon upgrading from potato to woody yesterday, I noticed that the fonts
seemed to get really blocky, especially as things scaled beyond 18 pnt
fonts.  This is especially true with star office, but can be seen on the
gnome desktop as well.

Is there some special trick to making the fonts nice again?  I have tried
upgrading to xfs-xtt, and changing the order of things in /etc/X11/fs-xtt,
but that just seems to make things worse.

Can any font gurus out there help me figure out what I have to do to get
nice fonts.

Thanks in advance,

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
sean@dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.