Re: blocky fonts in woody

Not sure what you used to have, so I can't really say why things got
worse moving to woody (BTW, almost certainly the important thing here is
that potato (2.2) used XFree86 3.3.x while woody has XFree86 4.x).

But, you may find the following article interesting and/or helpful:

  http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools