Nvidea Riva TnT and vesafbcon

Hi there,

I read on the net that when a LFB graphics mode is used for the console, a
nice pinguing logo should be shown at startup.

I compiled VESA support etc. into my kernel and added the VGA=ask to
lilo.conf and ran lilo (like it said in
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html), but I can't get this
to work. I'm using kernel 2.4.4. on a pc with an Nvidea Riva TnT w/ 16 Mb
(Viper 550 compatible?), which I suspect to be VESA 2.0 compliant.

Anybody an idea of what i'm doing wrong?

Best regards,

André

"They say that time changes things, but actually you have to change them
yourself." - Andy Warhol