Re: [OT] quick CVS question

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 10:16:43PM -0400, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> I thought I found the answer to this question a while back, but I either
> misplaced it or was mistaken.
>
> Basically what I need to do is create symlinks on a source check out.
> The repository contains a file foo, and I need a symlink bar -> foo.  Is
> there any way to ensure that this link is created every time the source
> tree is checked out?

How about if you just made the symlink and commited it into the
repository?

cvsbook, administrative files, config:

   * PreservePermissions (default: `=no') - If `yes', CVS tries to
     preserve permissions and other special file system information
     (such as device numbers and symbolic link targets) for files.  You
     probably don't want to do this, as it does not necessarily behave
     as expected. (See the node `Special Files' in the Cederqvist
     manual for details.)

So basically it should work if you just put "PreservePermissions=yes" in
CVSROOT/config, make the symlink in your checkout dir and commit as
usual.

I didn't actually try this, but I believe the docs are correct... :)

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6