Re: Nvidea Riva TnT and vesafbcon

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 07:40:40AM +0200, André Borman decreed:

> I read on the net that when a LFB graphics mode is used for the console, a
> nice pinguing logo should be shown at startup.
>
> I compiled VESA support etc. into my kernel and added the VGA=ask to
>
> Anybody an idea of what i'm doing wrong?

André,

I have an NVidia TNT2 and the following "vga=" values work for me:
vga=794   (1600x1200)
vga=791   (1280x1024)
vga=788   (1024x768)
vga=785   (800x600)

Unfortunately I forgot the source of that info; probably either in
kernel-source/Documentation or a header file somewhere.

If these don't give you a penguin (and a sharper console font) I would
guess either some necessary kernel compilation variable isn't set of
you're not running the kernel image that you think you are (big help,
right? :-))

Good luck,
Steve Cooper