Re: star office debian-correct installation

On 06/10/01 13:16:15 -0700, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> On 06/10/01 21:47:41 +0200, Frans Schreuder wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > But your install 'sequence' doesn't ring a bell ;-)
> > ?espesially? (memory?) the 'net'-option.
> >
> > I have the executable. That I my knowledge ends.
>
> [..]

Okay, just installed SO 5.2. I made the file so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin
executable with chmod, then I executed it (as root) like so:

    # ./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin /net

This started the installation program I put it in
/usr/local/bin/soffice52. After the installation finished, I then
logged in as an unpriviledged user, and ran:

    $ /usr/local/bin/soffice52/program/setup

which then installed the necessary files for me as a normal user
(about 1.6 MB).

Then to run StarOffice, you would then run ~/office52/soffice. You
might want to add ~/office52 to your path.

You may need to log in as root, startx, then run the main SO
installation before running the user installation.

Also, this installation occured on a system running woody, and I
don't have java installed so I don't have java support in SO.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, I hope I can answer them.
;-)
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>