Re: star office debian-correct installation

On 06/10/01 21:47:41 +0200, Frans Schreuder wrote:

[..]

> But your install 'sequence' doesn't ring a bell ;-)
> ?espesially? (memory?) the 'net'-option.
>
> I have the executable. That I my knowledge ends.

[..]

I'm downloading it right now. It looks to be a little different from
what I remember. The file has a .bin extension instead of .tgz. Once
the transfer is complete, I'll install and let you know.

The option to install StarOffice as a network installation is to run
the so-whatever.bin file with the "/net" option. I pulled this info
from the following location:

    http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/linux/100080101.asp

Notice the have it installed under /opt, so you might consider
/usr/local instead. I don't remember what each user must run
afterwards, but I'll fin out in 10 minutes (that's how much time is
left for the download).

Are you unable to install it at all, or are you just looking for some
advice on how it should be installed?

I've CCd the list to keep all others reading the thread informed.
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>