Re: star office debian-correct installation

On 06/10/01 21:18:58 +0200, Frans Schreuder wrote:
> oppurtunity
> could you mention wich commands to follow installing staroffice for debian?
> That is that I wasnot able to find a "convention" for installing non-debian
> software. Reading dutch manual bij Bezemer. www.dddi.nl (there is a part in
> english).

I haven't installed StarOffice in awhile, but from what I remember,
you just untar it to some place under /usr/local and run the
installation binary (can't remember what it's called off hand) with
the "- (or /, or \ -- again memory fails) net" option. After the
install, each user on the system runs the setup to install the minimal
files/directories under their home directories.

I'll go ahead and do it again and see what happens.

Good Luck!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>