Re: Is Woody installable at this time????

> So, I want to be sure it will be successfull before I try.

I think the only way to guarantee that, is to try it on a test box, one that is already configured the same way as the rest of the machines on the network.  This way, you'll have first hand experience with whether it works or not, and any issues that come up, you will know how to handle when it comes time to roll it out to all the users.

FWIW, I had good success with dist-upgrade.  The only hitch was the move from XFree86 version 3 to version 4.  I had to redo the XF86Config-4 file.  Also, IIRC, I think it left some version 3 packages installed, which I manually removed after the upgrade.

-- Kevin