Re: Starting X/Gnome

Hi HawkY,
under /root or your home directory create a file called .xinitrc (be careful!
there's a dot before the 'x') and put in it simply:

gnome-session

In so doing, when you issue startx a gnome session will be run. This is a
powerful way of customizing your desktop.
For instance I have a user for which I put the following two lines in .xinitrc:

./office52/./soffice
icewm

When I run startx a Star Office 5.2 session is started.

Another important file to customize your X window is .xsession which is called
by xdm.

Vittorio