Re: Kernel upgrade.

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 08:41:38AM -0400, Chapman, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running the sparc version potato..
>
> I changed my sources.list for apt to woody and was able to do a successful
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Now how do I get the new kernel?
>
> -matt
>
> --------------
> Matt Chapman
> chapmam2@ocps.k12.fl.us
> http://www.duhnet.net
> http://www.mattchapman.net

G'day Matt.

By default debian never installs new kernels, you have to do it manually
with "apt-get install kernel-image-????" or if you want to roll your own
"apt-get install kernel-source-????"

I've been on kernel 2.4.4 with woody for some time now and it work fine.

Cheers

Joel

--
Anagrams reveal the mysteries.
Windows Two Thousand Professional =  Stoned Sonata: Worship Windows foul.