Re: [OT] True console in X?

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:27:45AM -0500, Lance Simmons wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:06:23AM -0500, ktb wrote:
>
> > What would be ideal is to be able to emulate the look of console in X
> > and run that on one or more workspaces.
>
> Use uwm as your window manager, edit the uwmrc.hook file to make
> the borders black and one or two pixels wide, and get rid of the
> title bar entirely. Edit the uwmrc-ws.hook file so you have a
> black desktop on the workspaces where you want your "consoles".
>
> edit the uwm appmenu files to set up a main menu entry for xterm
> or rxvt or whatever so that it starts up with a black
> background, no scrollbar, and font the size you want, and
> already the right window size.  (Read the documentation for
> terminal application you choose.)
<snip>

I've tried this before and started messing with it again today but
finding the right font is the trick.  I haven't found it yet.  Normal I
use -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-*-200-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
for my xterms which looks real nice but if I jack the size up close to
what the size is on my console the font gets all grainy.  I don't
remember exactly what resolution I run in console but it is higher than
the default.  Somewhere in the middle vga=4.

So my next question is, What are some of the fonts you guys run that are
"console size" but still look nice in an xterm?
Thanks,
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted