Re: [OT] True console in X?

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:27:45AM -0500, Lance Simmons wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:06:23AM -0500, ktb wrote:
> > What would be ideal is to be able to emulate the look of console in X
> > and run that on one or more workspaces.
> Use uwm as your window manager, edit the uwmrc.hook file to make
> the borders black and one or two pixels wide, and get rid of the
> title bar entirely. Edit the uwmrc-ws.hook file so you have a
> black desktop on the workspaces where you want your "consoles".
> edit the uwm appmenu files to set up a main menu entry for xterm
> or rxvt or whatever so that it starts up with a black
> background, no scrollbar, and font the size you want, and
> already the right window size.  (Read the documentation for
> terminal application you choose.)

I've tried this before and started messing with it again today but
finding the right font is the trick.  I haven't found it yet.  Normal I
use -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-*-200-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
for my xterms which looks real nice but if I jack the size up close to
what the size is on my console the font gets all grainy.  I don't
remember exactly what resolution I run in console but it is higher than
the default.  Somewhere in the middle vga=4.

So my next question is, What are some of the fonts you guys run that are
"console size" but still look nice in an xterm?

 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted