Re: SSHD-config

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 02:09:40AM +0200, Frans Schreuder wrote:
:Hi,
:
:I'm having trouble setting up a SSH-connection to my Debian box.

1) Are you logging in as "root"? this is disabled by default in Debian
   systems for security reasons (look in /etc/ssh/sshd_config)

2) Check /var/log/auth.log to see what the Debian box thinks is going
   on.

3) Is sshd running on the Debian box?  check the output of "netstat -tl"
   (t = tcp; l = listening), it should show in part:

   [jon@amergin jon]$ netstat -tl
   Active Internet connections (only servers)
   Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address    State
   tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*		       LISTEN

-Jon