SSHD-config

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up a SSH-connection to my Debian box.

I've read the manpages, searched the mailinglist wich claimed i wasn't searching anything.............
Also having looked into some linux-books I have. Couldn't find it.
Help¿!

I'm using PuTTY from a Windows machine.
Connection is established, but terminated by the server????

I'm a newbie, still, at Linux.
Is it something with the authentication-keys?
Or could it be the windows machine has to be in hosts.equiv.

Would you be so kind to include an example of what I should watch out for?

Thanx in advance
Frans