Re: Two keyboards in X

On Thu, 31 May 2001 20:49:29 -0400
"Jonathan D. Proulx" <jon@ai.mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "know" is too stong a word but, you'll need XFree4.0 then RTFM for
> XF86Config.  I was poking through for my multi head setup and there
> seems to be away to add multiple input devices which I *think* can be
> bound to a specific display.
>
> Both displays will have the same login (UID).
>
> Multi head started fine for me but exititing results in a system
> lockup (net down and everything), requiring a hard reboot.  This may
> be due to my weird video card (4 port Appian Graphics Jeronimo pro
> GLINT chip sets), but I advise caution :)

Thanks for the reply, but multihead is actually more complicated than
I need. I plan to run two servers, and just have to find out how to
tell X which keyboard to use. I did RTFM (XF86Config(5x), wrong one?),
but couldn't find anything, while expecting some option to specify
something like the mouse device.

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br