Re: xdm on beta-blockers (2)

Martin WHEELER wrote:

> Sorry; on previous, forgot to add:
>
>      [Please cc any replies to author, as not subscribed to this list.
>                                                             Thank you.]
>
> OK, I give up.
>
> Can anyone explain to me why xdm now takes a full 60 seconds to load and
> kick in?

  you can replace the /dev/urandom by /dev/mem (grep random
/etc/X11/xdm/*), it fixes the problem I am not sure how good it is
overall (it might cause some security problems, I believe that device is
used to get some random numbers and generally the more random numbers
you get the better the security, see also docs for ssh, it says
something about slow starts which I think is the same problem)

	erik