Re: Stereo sound

>On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 11:30:35AM -0400, Scott_Patterson@andersonsinc.com
wrote:
>> If you come to the conclusion that the speakers and connections are fine, run
>> mixer program (gmix, kmix, aumix) to test sound from the left, then the
right.
>> I'd be suprised if the sound card was at fault.
>>
>Ah, the speakers are fine, and the mixer did work.  I tried an audio cd, and
>the stereo was excellent.  I guess all my mp3s are just mono?

If the sound is mono, you should still be getting sound from both speakers. It
just will be the exact same sound (i.e. no stereo seperation).

Have you tried using a different mp3 player? Perhaps your mp3 player's balance
is adjusted to one speaker. Which mp3 player are you using (XMMS has a balance
control on the main panel)? Are you listening to CDs from your soundcard's
output or from the headphone jack on your CDROM?

Scott