help

hello, I am a graduate student in molecular biology and I AM SICK OF MS
WINDOWS! I am installing your debian Linux os on my IBM 600x laptop, but I
still need a couple statistical packages currently only available for MS
windows, my question is:

Q: Can I have Debian/Linux OS installed on my computer while also having MS
Windows OS installed (god knows I don't want to, but I need it for now). I
was thinking along the lines of a partitioned disk, where each OS would be
on it's own disk...? but how would I solve the booting-up situation, can I
suppress windows and open it on command when needed?

thanks allot, and I truly appreciate your help, It's kind of hard for us
main-folk to escape the likes of MS Windows truly Shit OS.

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net