statistical packages for Debian {Re: help}

    > ... but I still need a couple statistical packages
    > currently only available for MS windows ...

You might find that you can do a lot of your statistics on Debian
as well.  Although I have a dual-boot laptop specifically so I
can use SPSS when I need it, lately I'm finding that I prefer to
use R <http://www.R-project.org>, which is a lot like S-plus and
has nice plotting capabilities.  There is also PSPP, which is
something like SPSS.  Both are packaged for Debian.  The R
project people have up-to-date versions debianized on the archive
sites.

Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                      mmiller3@iupui.edu
  Krannert Institute of Cardiology, IU School of Medicine