The Perfect Debian / Personal Computer

Well i have given up on trying to configured Windows / Linux together.  I can't get the hardware right and don't feel like fucking with it anymore.  I wanna build a computer just for linux-debian.  I know what kinda motherboard and KMD processor i wanna get but could someone please list what i should use for a modem, sound card, video card that will configure perfect and won't require much work but installing it and configuring X Windows.  Thanks to all those who respond!

Andrew J Woodill
woodill@yta.attmil.af.mil